Make your own Maca Energy Bars to boost your run
Hello Runners, Triathletes, Ironmen, and athletes in general, today I write about a easy to do recipe. Maca’s based bars, a very powerful bar to boost your run and workout!
As you know – we included Maca in our superfood sport program packs – because is a Superfood that any runner and triathlete should be eating!
Maca raises testosterone levels naturally, and so improves exercise performance levels, stamina, strength, and muscle gain. People who consume Maca on a regular basis note a large increase in stamina a week after taking it.
And now let’s start with the Maca energy bars recipe:
Prep. time 10 mins, Cook time 10 mins, In the fridge 1 hour. Total time 1 hour 20 mins
Ingredients for 8 bars
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup flax meal
- ½ cup pepitas
- 2 T chia seeds
- 2 T maca powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- ½ tsp sea salt
- In a food processor, grind the almonds into a course consistency.
- Add them to a bowl with the sunflower seeds, maca powder, flax meal, pepitas, chia seeds and salt.
- In a saucepan, combine the maple syrup, almond butter and coconut oil.
- Mix until all are well combined.
- Add it to the bowl with the dried ingredients.
- Tear a sheet of parchment slightly bigger than an 8X8 pan.
- Line an 8X8 pan with the paper.
- Spread in the mixture and pack down tight .
- Place in the fridge to set. About 1 hour.
Your Maca energy bars are ready to eat, store them in the fridge and bring them with you as a fueling snack.
Notes: These bars are grain free and gluten free too.
Source:Recipe by Melissa King on http://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/09/17/maca-energy-bars/#kKMYsuC2mp2WcZwi.99