How to Use Moringa Oleifera Powder ? Can you remember when we talked about the benefits of “Moringa Oleifera and Physical Performance?” Everyone struggles with weight issues one way or another. The idea behind weight loss is to burn more calories than you consume. Most people cringe at the thought of going on a restrictive diet and if eating vegetables doesn’t tickle your fancy, taking Moringa weight loss supplements will provide your body with all the nutrients and minerals it needs to aid weight loss and live like an athlete! Here is what is in every cupful of every Moringa drink you consume:
Powerful Nutritional Facts of Moringa Oleifera
- Moringa is considered to have 28g per 100g of dry powder. The highest protein content than any other plant protein, which is pretty impressive as it can easily compete with high-value animal protein.Moringa also High in Branched chain amino acids BCAA which is rarely found in plant protein, which is required for muscle growth during exercises. This is great news for endurance athletes and bodybuilders who rely on protein supplements!
- As mentioned earlier, Moringa powder is very high in vitamins, minerals, and plant calcium. These essential nutrients are vital for every bodily function such as boost the immune system, convert food into energy, grow, heal, maintain, and repair cellular damage, skeleton system, and organs. They also prevent blindness caused by vitamin A deficiency, Scurvy, and rickets caused by vitamin C and D respectfully.
- Moringa Oleifera is high in powerful antioxidants. They counteract with unstable molecules such as free radicals that cause oxidative stress and can be damaging to the cell membranes and DNA. In addition to vitamin C and beta-carotene, other antioxidants plant compounds that are found in Moringa Oleifera are
- Chlorogenic acid which helps in moderating blood sugar levels
- Quercetin, particularly powerful antioxidant helps in lowering blood pressure.
- Moringa Oleifera contains Zeatin – Scientifically known to influence the growth and development of plants through a process known as cell-division. The Moringa tree can grow several feet in a very short amount of time, these effects have been linked to the effects of Zeatin.
This is particularly interesting as far as the human skin is concerned. Zeatin is known to have antiaging properties that slow down the aging process! Studies carried out have shown Zeatin prevents the growth of cell debris and improves the ability of the skin to respond to oxidative stress without affecting the process of cell-division!
All the more reason to consume Moringa Oleifera on a daily basis. On the “For your Consideration” section, we talked about the role of Moringa in the liver and the brain. We also talked the characteristics of Moringa as a Purgative and a diuretic. Here is a short re-cap:
The liver plays an important role in blood detoxification, fat metabolism, bile production, nutrient processing and much more. For those moments of overindulgence where you have your liver working overtime, consuming Moringa oil can help restore liver enzymes to normal levels, reduce liver damage and fibrosis, and reverse oxidation in the liver.
Moringa supports brain health because of it neuro-enhance activities, its antioxidant properties, its high content of vitamin E and C that are known to enhance cognitive function, fight oxidation that causes degeneration, and improve brain function respectively.
Drink a glass of “Moringa Brain Juice” for those days when you are feeling overwhelmed, stressed, depressed or anxious because Moringa has the ability to normalize neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine in the brain for that ‘feel-good’ feeling!
This can also be very helpful during exercising and high-performance training.
Moringa is a known purgative and a diuretic. The two are important because as a purgative, it can be helpful in alleviating constipation. Its diuretic properties help with flushing out excess salt and water. Water weight can be very challenging to get rid of even through diet and exercise, which can leave you feeling uncomfortably bloated! Quick temporary fixes are just that. Temporary. Moringa helps in reducing the rate of water retention and relieves bloating!
Food cravings, especially for fatty and sugary foods can sometimes contribute to our greatest weight loss downfall. The trick is to consume foods that maintain satiety. Fiber is a natural fix to carb cravings and reduces fat absorption in the stomach rather than storing it. Moringa Oleifera is high in both insoluble fibers, which prevent constipation and symptoms of IBS and soluble fibers, which lower cholesterol and feed microbes in the stomach to induce weight loss.
Here is How to Use Moringa Oleifera
- Moringa Tea: Pour a cup of boiling water over 2 teaspoons of Moringa leaves or powder, let it infuse and cool down, Moringa is caffeine-free but with all the benefits of a caffeine-free energy boost. This tea will also give support to the immune system, improve blood circulation and stimulate metabolism. This, in turn, will help you burn calories at a faster rate.
- Sprinkle on your morning high-fiber cereal: Fiber makes you feel full, carb craving, while ensuring that you consume fewer calories and that your body burns fat throughout the day.
- Bake Moringa Oleifera chips and dip for a hearty lunch or snack.
- Try this protein-rich Moringa Breakfast smoothie recipe
2 tbsp. of Moringa powder
½ tsp raw cacao powder
2tbsp. desiccated coconut
1 cup almond milk (Optional)
1-2 frozen bananas
½ an avocado
½ tsp ground ginger, cinnamon or cardamom
½ cup berries of choice
Directions: Blend Moringa powder, banana, avocado, almond milk, ground ginger, raw cacao powder together until incorporated. Pour into a long glass. Top with berries and a sprinkle of desiccated coconut for crunch.
Moringa Oleifera can be added into savory dishes to like in scrambled eggs, soups, and dips with very little change in flavor. Red Moringa is a bit mild and sweet in flavor and can be used in baking cakes, muffins, and cookies. Be inspired and create ways that can help you enjoy consuming Moringa every day because you do not want to miss out on its amazing health benefits.