Benefits of Moringa Oleifera Oil in Diet and Nutrition.
So far, we have looked at quite a few important fact-based benefits associated with consuming Moringa Oleifera from the roots, the bark, the pods, the seeds and the flower. The benefits are insurmountable and definitely worth exploring. Some of the benefits we discussed were, and not limited to the following:
- Moringa High-grade Oil for food cooking, cosmetics, hair and skin conditioner.
- Water purification
- Combat malnutrition in lactating mothers
- Moringa roots are either dried or used fresh as a condiment
- Pure Moringa leaves will aid weight loss
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Coagulation Ingredient
- Combat Iron deficiency
- Supports healthy joints
- Boosts and supports the immune system
- Support thyroid gland function
- Reduce inflammation and support healthy gums
- A great substitute when making a “green smoothie”
Commercial Application of Moringa Oleifera
Some of the commercial applications of Moringa Oleifera are not surprising.
The Moringa seeds are used to extract oil called Ben Oil that is rich in oleic acid, tocopherols, sterols, which are believed to withstand oxidative rancidity. As discussed in the previous article Moringa Oleifera oil is used:
- As a great cooking substitute to other oils.
- In making perfumes, lubricants and scented candles
- In fighting free radical damage to the skin and eyes
- As an anti-aging and rejuvenating oil for tired, dull skin
- As an anti-inflammatory to treat skin conditions like eczema, dermatitis, and psoriasis, and protect from sunburn.
Additional benefits worth remembering are:
Powerful Nutritional Facts of Moringa Oleifera
- Moringa is considered to have 28g per 100g of dry powder. The highest protein content than any other plant protein, which is pretty impressive as it can easily compete with high-value animal protein.
Moringa also High in Branched chain amino acids BCAA which is rarely found in plant protein, which is required for muscle growth during exercises. This is great news for endurance athletes and bodybuilders who rely on protein supplements!
- As mentioned earlier, Moringa powder is very high in vitamins, minerals, and plant calcium. These essential nutrients are vital for every bodily function such as boost the immune system, convert food into energy, grow, heal, maintain, and repair cellular damage, skeleton system, and organs. They also prevent blindness caused by vitamin A deficiency, Scurvy, and rickets caused by vitamin C and D respectfully.
- Moringa Oleifera is high in powerful antioxidants. They counteract with unstable molecules such as free radicals that cause oxidative stress and can be damaging to the cell membranes and DNA. In addition to vitamin C and beta-carotene, other antioxidants plant compounds that are found in Moringa Oleifera are
- Chlorogenic acid which helps in moderating blood sugar levels
- Quercetin, particularly powerful antioxidant helps in lowering blood pressure.
- Moringa Oleifera contains Zeatin – Scientifically known to influence the growth and development of plants through a process known as cell division. The Moringa tree can grow several feet in a very short amount of time, these effects have been linked to the effects of Zeatin.
This is particularly interesting as far as the human skin is concerned. Zeatin is known to have anti-aging properties that slow down the aging process! Studies carried out have shown Zeatin prevents the growth of cell debris and improves the ability of the skin to respond to oxidative stress without affecting the process of cell-division! So we can gladly welcome eternal youth by using Moringa daily.
For your consideration
You also want to enjoy its antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that fight infections against some types of fungi that cause skin infections and the strain of bacteria that are responsible for UTIs, blood infection and digestive issues.
Moringa promotes wound healing because it has blood-clotting properties in its leaves, which can be applied directly on cuts to stop bleeding and accelerate recovery.
The liver plays an important role in blood detoxification, fat metabolism, bile production, nutrient processing and much more. For those moments of overindulgence where you have your liver working overtime, consuming Moringa oil can help restore liver enzymes to normal levels, reduce liver damage and fibrosis, and reverse oxidation in the liver.
Moringa supports brain health because of it neuro-enhance activities, its antioxidant properties, its high content of vitamin E and C that are known to enhance cognitive function, fight oxidation that causes degeneration, and improve brain function respectively.
Drink a glass of “Moringa Brain Juice” for those days when you are feeling overwhelmed, stressed, depressed or anxious because Moringa has the ability to normalize neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine in the brain for that ‘feel-good’ feeling!
This can also be very helpful during exercising and high-performance training.
We talked about Moringa as being a purgative and a diuretic. The two are important because as a purgative, it can be helpful in alleviating constipation. Its diuretic properties help with flushing out excess salt and water. Water weight can be very challenging to get rid of even through diet and exercise, which can leave you feeling uncomfortably bloated! Quick temporary fixes are just that. Temporary. Moringa helps in reducing the rate of water retention and relieves bloating!
Food cravings, especially for fatty and sugary foods can sometimes contribute to our greatest weight loss downfall. The trick is to consume foods that maintain satiety. Fiber is a natural fix to carb cravings and reduces fat absorption in the stomach rather than storing it. Moringa Oleifera is high in both insoluble fibers, which prevent constipation and symptoms of IBS and soluble fibers, which lower cholesterol and feed microbes in the stomach to induce weight loss.
Learn to listen to your body as your food cravings will let you know what nutrients you’re lacking in the body. Craving for junk food means that you are low in fiber, healthy fats, and digestible carbohydrates.
If you are on a weight loss journey, consider incorporating Moringa Oleifera into your meals, drinks such as tea, smoothies because it’s not only great for you, but you will give our system the boost it well deserves.