Moringa Oleifera and Physical Performance. From the previous article about “Introduction to Moringa Oleifera”, we did a brief introduction to this amazing superfood. We looked at its history, its traditional uses, and its benefits and also we analyzed Moringa Oleifera nutritional fact as shown below:
Moringa Oleifera Benefits
- Pure Moringa leaves will aid weight loss
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Lowers inflammation
- Coagulation Ingredient
- Combat Iron deficiency
Other traditional uses of Moringa Oleifera are:
- Water Purification
- Moringa High-grade Oil for food cooking, cosmetics, hair and skin conditioner.
- Combat malnutrition in lactating mothers
Uses of Moringa Oleifera
Moringa Oleifera is very rich in antioxidants and bioactive plant compounds that can be credited for its health benefits. Moringa is especially beneficial to people living in developing countries that may lack sufficient vitamins, minerals, and proteins.
- When used sparingly, Moringa Leaves are used for their purgative qualities. This is helpful when it comes to cleansing and also to relieve the straining associated with constipation. It is also used to kill intestinal worms.
- Moringa leaves are used in developing countries to treat anemia and stimulate milk production in breastfeeding mothers.
- It can be used to treat inflammation of the mucous membrane, eye and ear infection, fever, bronchitis, and scurvy.
- Traditionally, a poultice is made from crushing fresh Moringa leaves and applied to reduce glandular swelling. Its leaves and buds can be rubbed directly on the temples as a remedy for headaches and migraines.
- The juice from Moringa leaves can be used to control blood pressure, stabilize glucose levels on diabetics and treat anxiety and related conditions.
- Moringa juice is high in diuretic properties. Commonly used for flushing out excess salt and fluid build-up in the body, which helps in lowering blood pressure, making it easier for the heart to pump. It is also recommended for people with gonorrhea as it increases urination.
- A mixture of Moringa juice, honey, and coconut milk is known to treat diarrhea and colitis.
Powerful Nutritional Facts of Moringa Oleifera
- Moringa is considered to have 28g per 100g of dry powder. The highest protein content than any other plant protein, which is pretty impressive as it can easily compete with high-value animal protein.
Moringa also High in Branched chain amino acids BCAA which is rarely found in plant protein, which is required for muscle growth during exercises. This is great news for endurance athletes and bodybuilders who rely on protein supplements!
- As mentioned earlier, Moringa powder is very high in vitamins, minerals, and plant calcium. These essential nutrients are vital for every bodily function such as boost the immune system, convert food into energy, grow, heal, maintain, and repair cellular damage, skeleton system, and organs. They also prevent blindness caused by vitamin A deficiency, Scurvy, and rickets caused by vitamin C and D respectfully.
- Moringa Oleifera is high in powerful antioxidants. They counteract with unstable molecules such as free radicals that cause oxidative stress and can be damaging to the cell membranes and DNA. In addition to vitamin C and beta-carotene, other antioxidants plant compounds that are found in Moringa Oleifera are
- Chlorogenic acid which helps in moderating blood sugar levels
- Quercetin, particularly powerful antioxidant helps in lowering blood pressure.
- Moringa Oleifera contains Zeatin – Scientifically known to influence the growth and development of plants through a process known as cell division. The Moringa tree can grow several feet in a very short amount of time, these effects have been linked to the effects of Zeatin.
This is particularly interesting as far as the human skin is concerned. Zeatin is known to have anti-aging properties that slow down the aging process! Studies carried out have shown Zeatin prevents the growth of cell debris and improves the ability of the skin to respond to oxidative stress without affecting the process of cell-division! So we can gladly welcome eternal youth by using Moringa daily.
Benefits of Moringa in Weight Loss and Endurance
Being the highest source of plant protein, Moringa Oleifera has enormous nutritional benefits all packed in its tiny leaves. It’s been scientifically proven to be
7 times the vitamin C in Oranges
4 times the vitamins in Carrots
4 times the Calcium in Milk
3 times the Potassium in Bananas
2 times the Protein in Yogurt
We talked about Food cravings, especially for fatty and sugary foods can sometimes contribute to our greatest weight loss downfall. The trick is to consume foods that maintain satiety. Fiber is a natural fix to carb cravings and reduces fat absorption in the stomach rather than storing it. Moringa Oleifera is high in both insoluble fibers, which prevent constipation and symptoms of IBS and soluble fibers, which lower cholesterol and feed
Microbes in the stomach to induce weight loss.
The plant protein in Moringa has been compared to that found in high-quality meat and whey protein isolate used by bodybuilders. Research shows that Moringa is rich in Branched Chained Amino Acids BCAA, which is largely used by athletes to:
- Enhance muscle protein synthesis and inhibit the breakdown of muscle cells
- Vital for muscle and energy production during training
- Reduce visceral fat deposits around the stomach
- Promotes weight loss and lean muscle
- Reduce muscle soreness incurred during intense workouts and
- Improves insulin sensitivity and metabolic markers to reduce the risks of diabetes
- Reduce fatigue and boost training motivation
- Supports hormone balance for greater strength, power, and endurance adaptation during intense training
- It has been attributed to longevity because BCAA increases the formation of new mitochondria and they are also used to treat liver disease, cancer, and prevent age-related muscle loss.
What’s not love about Moringa Oleifera! Moringa is caffeine-free yet the first thing you notice after consuming it is a burst of energy without the caffeine jitters and random heart palpitations. The secret is in Moringa’s unique combination of nutrients such as vitamin B, magnesium, and potassium. Let’s take a look at how you can use it.