Runners Superfood Make your own Chia Apricots Bars
There are plenty of commercial energy bars on the market, but if you want to make your own ones at home, you will discover how easy and it is!
Here’s Apricots Chia Energy Bars Recipe
No bake, easy to do and super portable, a perfect energy bar to bring with you as a recharging pit stop 🙂
Let’s start making this healthy and crunchy snacks
- 1 cup of dates, pitted
- 1 cup of dried apricots
- 2 Tablespoons of chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds/pepitas
- 2 Tablespoons white chocolate chips
- Line a 8×8 or 9×9 square pan with wax or paper.
- Place dates, apricots, chia seeds and cinnamon in a food processor, and process until the mixture forms a large mass.
- Break up slightly with a spatula, add pepitas to the mixture in the food processor, and pulse until there are small chunks of pepitas.
- Break up the mixture one more time, add white chocolate chips and pulse a few times to slightly break and distribute the chips.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan. You can cover the top with more paper and press an equal sized pan to roll the top with a glass to flatten completely.
- Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes, then slice into bars or squares.
Recipe Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Want to know more about Chia Seeds? Discover all the astounding benefits of this superfood in this in-depth article: